…cu Tessa Gratton, autorul cartii The Blood Keeper, care a fost extrem de draguta acordandu-mi un interviu in exclusivitate pentru blogul Alexa700 ^_^
1. If you had one more day to live, and you could spend it with only one person, who would it be?
My partner, of course!
2. Let’s say you could turn one of your characters into a real person.. Who would you chose?
Ok, the one that really comes to mind is from my next book THE WEIGHT OF STARS, which comes out in May. He’s Baldur the Beautiful, Norse god of light and hope. He is also like a surfer dude and a lot of fun to hang out with.
3. If you transformed Blood Keeper into something you could eat what would it be?
A colorful, rich pasta with grilled vegetables, meatballs, and spicy red sauce.
4. We know inspiration can come anytime, anywhere. When and how did you get the idea for Blood Keeper ?
It was based on a character from Blood Magic, and me wanting to write about beautiful magic instead of tragedy.
5. Can you tell us the name of the first book that comes to your mind after reading this question?
Other than THE BLOOD KEEPER? Ha ha. „Trauma, Recovery, and Growth” because it’s sitting next to me and is research for one of my next books.
6. What song best describes Blood Keeper ?
Two combined, really: „Starlight” by Muse and „Atticus” by The Noisettes.
7. If you could change everything in your life, if you could be a different person, with a different job, what would you be?
I wouldn’t be me if that happened! But If I couldn’t be who I am, I’d like to be a wizard please. Or I *suppose* a paleontologist.
Si acum, cateva date despre cartea The Blood Keeper:
Paranormal romance fans who are looking to up the ante will be drawn to this tale of horror, fantasy, and romance. For Mab Prowd, the practice of blood magic is as natural as breathing. It’s all she’s ever known. Growing up on an isolated farm in Kansas with other practitioners may have kept her from making friends her own age, but it has also given her a sense of purpose—she’s connected to the land and protective of the magic. And she is able to practice it proudly and happily out in the open with only the crows as her companions. Mab will do anything to keep the ancient practice alive and guard its secrets. But one morning while she is working out a particularly tricky spell she encounters Will, a local boy who is trying to exorcise some mundane personal demons. He experiences Mab’s magic in a way his mind cannot comprehend and is all too happy to end their chance meeting. But secrets that were kept from Mab by the earlier generations of blood magicians have come home to roost. And she and Will are drawn back together, time again by this dangerous force looking to break free from the earth and reclaim its own dark power.
Thank you, Tessa, for the interview.